June 20, 2019
Dear Liturgical Ministers,
Please find enclosed the Sunday Mass Schedule for the 3rd Quarter of 2019 for Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion and Altar Servers (youth and adult). This schedule also covers the Feast of The Assumption of The Blessed Virgin Mary which is a Holy Day of obligation.
- All Liturgical Ministers: Please check to make sure we have the correct phone number for you. If it is incorrect or if you wish to change numbers please send an email or call Deacon Mike Franks with the correct phone number.
- Lectors should check in with each other in the sacristy before Mass.
- Servers should be in the sacristy and vested 15 min. before the start of Mass.
- Older Youth Servers please do your best to assist our younger servers. If your name appears on the schedule with + next to your name then we have designated you as a Senior Server with the duty to assist younger servers assigned with you.
- All Ministries: If you are unable to attend a scheduled Mass please find a substitute. Do not call the parish office, Linda Franks or Deacon Franks or Deacon Kennedy asking them to find someone. It is your responsibility to make sure the assigned Mass is covered.
- Eucharistic Ministers are reminded to please be aware of their assigned positions.
- Eucharistic Ministers are asked to be aware that there will be times when there may be additional ministers (in Alb and cincture) in the sanctuary. If that is the case we may not need the full complement of EMs that are scheduled. If the extra person is standing on the altar platform next to the priest or deacon that will indicate that they will be assisting with Holy Communion and someone should stay back. I know it is confusing but we do not like to have to send folks back once they have come forward.
Also, if you will be away during October, November or December of 2019, please let us know no later than September 1, 2019 so we do not schedule you while you are away. Just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or leave a message at the rectory office (215-679-9275).
Please Note – Eucharistic Ministers – Very Important: We need to reorganize our Ems who are currently, have in the past or would like to be taking Holy Communion to shut-ins on a regular basis or even less frequently. Please send an email to email@example.com. or call (484) 919-9603). Leave your name and phone number along with the name of the person you currently see or indicate that you are available to bring the Eucharist to the ill and elderly.
Again, thank you all for your dedication in assisting at Sunday Mass.
To download the letter, click here.