December 19, 2018
Dear Liturgical Ministers,
Please find enclosed the Sunday Mass Schedule for the 1st Quarter of 2019 for Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion and Altar Servers (youth and adult). This schedule also covers Ash Wednesday.
- Lectors should check in with each other in the sacristy before Mass.
- Servers should be in the sacristy and vested 15 min. before the start of Mass.
- Older Youth Servers please do your best to assist our younger servers. If your name appears on the schedule with + next to your name then we have designated you as a Senior Server with the duty to assist younger servers assigned with you.
- All Ministries: If you are unable to attend a scheduled Mass please find a substitute. Do not call the parish office, Linda Franks or Deacon Franks or Deacon Kennedy asking them to find someone. It is your responsibility to make sure the assigned Mass is covered.
- Eucharistic Ministers are reminded to please be aware of their assigned positions (Distribution of the Precious Blood resumes this schedule.).
- Eucharistic Ministers are asked to be aware that there will be times when there may be additional ministers (in Alb and cincture) in the sanctuary. If that is the case we may not need the full complement of EMs that are scheduled. If the extra person is standing on the altar platform next to the priest or deacon that will indicate that they will be assisting with Holy Communion and someone should stay back. I know it is confusing but we do not like to have to send folks back once they have come forward.
- Also, if you will be away during April, May or June of 2019, please let us know no later than March 1, 2019 so we do not schedule you while you are away. Just drop us a line at email@example.com. Or leave a message at the rectory office (215-679-9275).
Please Note – Very Important: We are asking that everyone please look at the Liturgical Minister’s List and verify that we have the correct phone numbers for you. If the number listed is incorrect please send message containing the correct number to firstname.lastname@example.org. We no longer communicate through email as addresses change. Check the bulletin for schedules or go on line at the parish website: www.spnparish.org.
Thank you all for your dedication in assisting at Sunday Mass!