September 13, 2017
Dear Liturgical Ministers,
Please find enclosed the Sunday Mass Schedule for the 4th Quarter of 2017 for Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion and Altar Servers (youth and adult).
- Lectors should check in with each other in the sacristy before Mass.
- Servers should be in the sacristy and vested 15 min. before the start of Mass.
- Older Youth Server, please do you best to assist our new servers.
- If you are unable to attend a scheduled Mass please find a substitute. Do not call the parish office, Linda Franks or Deacon Franks or Deacon Kennedy asking them to find someone. It is your responsibility to make sure the assigned Mass is covered.
- Eucharistic Ministers are reminded to please be aware of their assigned positions (both cup and host).
- Eucharistic Ministers are asked to be aware that there will be times when there may be additional ministers (in Alb and cincture) in the sanctuary. If that is the case we may not need the full complement of EMs that are scheduled. If the extra person is standing on the altar platform next to the priest or deacon that will indicate that they will be assisting with Holy Communion and someone should stay back. I know it is confusing but we do not like to have to send folks back once they have come forward.
- Holy Days: Two holidays fall within this schedule (Nov. 1 and Dec. 8). Please check to see if you are assigned. We try to only schedule folks we know are generally available at those times.
Also, if you will be away during January, February or March 2018, please let us know no later than December 1, 2017 so we do not schedule you while you are away. Just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can leave a message at the rectory office (215-679-9275).
Please Note – Very Important: We are asking that everyone please look at the minister lists that accompany the schedule and verify that we have the correct phone numbers for you. If the number listed is incorrect please send message containing the correct number to email@example.com. We no longer communicate through email as addresses change. Check the bulletin for schedules or go on line at the parish website: http://www.spnparish.org.
As Christmas falls within this schedule please know we will publish a separate Christmas schedule around December 15. If you are available and would like to assist at Christmas please send an email to Deacon Mike Franks no later than December 3 by calling the rectory office or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Christmas Masses are: Christmas Eve at 5:00 PM, 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM and Christmas Day at 10:00 AM.
Again, thank you all for your dedication in assisting at Sunday Mass.