December 13, 2017
Dear Liturgical Ministers,
Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year! Please find enclosed the Sunday Mass Schedule for the 1st Quarter of 2018 for Lectors, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion and Altar Servers (youth and adult).
- Lectors should check in with each other in the sacristy before Mass.
- Servers should be in the sacristy and vested 15 min. before the start of Mass.
- Older Youth Servers please do your best to assist our younger servers.
- If you are unable to attend a scheduled Mass please find a substitute. Do not call the parish office, Linda Franks or Deacon Franks or Deacon Kennedy asking them to find someone. It is your responsibility to make sure the assigned Mass is covered.
- Eucharistic Ministers are reminded to please be aware of their assigned positions (both cup and host).
- Eucharistic Ministers are asked to be aware that there will be times when there may be additional ministers (in Alb and cincture) in the sanctuary. If that is the case we may not need the full complement of EMs that are scheduled. If the extra person is standing on the altar platform next to the priest or deacon that will indicate that they will be assisting with Holy Communion and someone should stay back. I know it is confusing but we do not like to have to send folks back once they have come forward.
- Ash Wednesday: A separate schedule for Ash Wednesday will be published as we get closer to that date (February 14, 2018).
- Holy Week and Easter: As Holy Week falls at the very end of this schedule please know we will publish a separate Holy Week – Easter schedule around March 15. If you are available and would like to assist at any Holy Week service please send an email to Deacon Mike Franks no later than March 10 or you can call the rectory office and leave a message.
Also, if you will be away during April, May or June 2018, please let us know no later than March 1, 2018 so we do not schedule you while you are away. Just drop us a line at email@example.com. Or you can leave a message at the rectory office (215-679-9275).
Please Note – Very Important: We are asking that everyone please look at the minister lists that accompany the schedule and verify that we have the correct phone numbers for you. If the number listed is incorrect please send message containing the correct number to firstname.lastname@example.org. We no longer communicate through email as addresses change. Check the bulletin for schedules or go on line at the parish website: www.spnparish.org.
Again, thank you all for your dedication in assisting at Sunday Mass.